The Tennis Terranora committee would be grateful if members could offer a little of their time to assist over the weekend, with catering and/or donations of cakes/slices/muffins/cookies for sale. Please contact Debbie via email: email@example.com
The Club has been receiving a number of enquiries on how we are going with the rebuilding of the Club House, so here is a summary what has been achieved to date:
· Early December last year Tweed Coast Demolition & Excavations completed the demolition of the Clubhouse FOC and made the area safe.
· 10 January 2018, Tennis NSW announced a donation of $10,000 towards the Club being rebuilt
· 16 January 2018, fund raising cruise was held with the assistance of many club members, which raised in excess of $16,000
· Mid-January applications were made to Essential Energy and Origin to have the power and new meters installed
· Late January, Evan Balk arranged for a new temporary/permanent switchboard to be installed plus power connected ready for the meters to be installed
· Late January, Essential Energy advised that as of 1 December 2017, the rules for connecting power had been changed, apparently Essential Energy being the wholesaler, do not supply the meters which is now supplied by the retailer.
· Contacted Origin who wanted an application to demolish the old meters plus an application for new meters and a new account, again.
· Origin received the application and said it would take 12 business days
· Mid-February Origin text a message saying they could not install the new meter because the old meters had not been abolished.
· We spent a week trying to contact Origin again, being placed on hold for 2 hrs at a time.
· Finally, we spoke with Origin and they apologised for asking us to submit an application to demolish the old meters, saying that the meters belonged to Essential Energy so Essential Energy have to demolish the meters before Origin can install the new ones.
· We contacted Evan’s Level 2 Electrician who then contacted Essential Energy to have the meters demolished but struck a snag when asked to provide the readings of the “burnt and melted meters!”.
· We received confirmation last Monday that the meters (and associated NMI) have been demolished.
· We then spent another four days trying to contact Origin and finally on Friday they answered and the work to install the meters is finally now in their system and will probably take 12 business days.
· In relation to settling with the Insurance Company, we were requested to obtain quotes for the rebuild. So, we approached five builders, three expressed interest with two declining and to date we have not received any response from the three who expressed interest.
· Council have also arranged pricing for their Insurer and approached two builders, who have not responded yet either.
· Settlement with the Insurance Company will take another month or two.
The Tennis Terranora committee is dedicated to the earliest, possible rebuild of our clubhouse and it has certainly been a frustrating time since the fire. We would like to thank our members, coaches, parents and friends for your continuing support of our tennis activities and of our fundraising efforts. Regardless of the setbacks noted above, we will endeavour to have the Club House rebuilt this calendar year and look forward to your continued support.
In the early hours of Friday, 3rd November, the Joan Nicoll Tennis Centre Clubhouse, base of Tennis Terranora, was destroyed by fire.
The building was 2 years old.
The fire is a suspected arson attack and is still under investigation.
The committee is now being directed by their insurance company, but demolition and rebuilding will commence as soon as possible.
Luckily, the 5 tennis courts are undamaged and coaching activities will recommence from today, (November 6th) with the arrival of portable toilets, chairs and temporary shade cover. It is hoped that daytime tennis competitions will recommence this week.
The Tennis Terranora committee would like to thank the many people who have reached out with offers of assistance since the fire. The community support has been most uplifting. Unfortunately, the insurance will not cover the full costs associated with our rebuild and refit and we hope that you will find it in your hearts to support us, so that we can, in return, provide a new Centre, as soon as possible, for us all to enjoy again.
A PayPal account has been set up by Tennis Terranora to accept monetary donations of help. The club would very much appreciate any donations, large or small, to get us started on the road to recovery - simply click on the 'Donate' button above where you'll be taken to a secure payment area.
We have now also set up fundraising through the Australian Sports Foundation, please also consider donating via the button above.
Thank you in anticipation of your generous support.